J&P Tucson Tour
HELMETS ARE REQUIRED! NO HEADPHONES ALLOWED.
2016 J&P Tucson Tour, with Biosphere 2!
5 days! Friday, February 12 through Tuesday, February 16, 2016
January 12th Update:
Corrected counter clockwise location list.
January 10th Update:
Registration is now open. See the registration button below under "Registration and Fees".
If you've ever thought about riding your bicycle to Tucson, or you've never been to Biosphere 2, here's your chance! Join us for the 14th annual J&P Tucson Tour from Scottsdale to Tucson and back. As a change of pace, this year we've extended the tour to five days to include a night at Biosphere 2 with an optional Biosphere tour.
This year's route is counter clockwise: Scottsdale – Casa Grande – Tucson - Biosphere 2 – Florence – Scottsdale.
If you've never gone bike touring before, this is the perfect introductory tour. It is a five-day, supported credit-card tour. We ride about 60 mostly flat miles per day and stay in motels each night. We provide a SAG van, route maps and motel and restaurant recommendations, and we carry your luggage. Please bring enough spare tubes for your ride. There will be SAG vehicles on all routes to assist you and to be available for the weary and downtrodden!
- February 12, 2016 – February 16, 2016 (FRI – TUE)
- Registration/check-in at 8:30 a.m. or at pre-arranged rendezvous times.
- Group start at 9:00 a.m. on Friday riding together to the lunch stop. Ride at your own pace after that.
- Start/finish at Chaparral Park parking lot, NE corner of Hayden & Jackrabbit roads in Scottsdale
- Map and directions to start at: http://goo.gl/maps/dZfqF
- Arrange to have someone drop you at the start - overnight parking is not allowed at the park.
- You are also encouraged to ride from your home to a pre-arranged meeting point; contact the organizer to arrange a rendezvous time and place.
REGISTRATION AND FEES
- YOU MUST make your own motel reservations BEFORE registering for the ride! If you need a roommate, email J&P Tucson Tour Organizer and we'll try to find you one.
- $40 per person. Registration fee covers club insurance, registration fees, maps, SAG vehicle and phone, dinner on Saturday, breakfast on Sunday, and a party on the last night.
- No day-of-ride registration
- No Mail-in registration is available.
- Online registration now available on Eventbrite.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Return to Top